Handbook for Quilt Show Entrants
This online handbook is a collection of resources to assist QuiltNSW members in preparing their entry for the QuiltNSW Exhibition 2022 Sydney Quilt Show including:
- Online Entry Form: opens Monday 6 June 2022. Closes 5pm Thursday 30 June 2022.
- Membership form: entrants must be financial members for 2021/2022 and/or 2022/2023
- Categories & Conditions of Entry: includes definitions for categories and awards
- Worksheet: review the worksheet to gather all the information that you will need to complete the online entry form.
- Volunteer Form: opens in September
- Flow Chart: no matter what kind of quilt you make, there’s a place for you to share it. Follow the flow chart to help you choose your category.
- Blue & White Special Themed Category: information for members (The Template November 2019)
- How to make a prize winning quilt
- Hanging Sleeve Instructions
- For assistance with lodging an online entry or queries about your entry: email@example.com
- For general questions or comments about the QuiltNSW Exhibition 2022: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information about the vendor marketplace: email@example.com
Highlights from Conditions of Entry
Here are some important updates to assist you in planning your exhibition entry for 2022:
- Eligibility: This is a members’ exhibition. Entrants must be financial members for 2021/2022 and/or 2022/2023. New and returning members are welcome – invite a friend! Renew or join online at: QuiltNSW Membership Form
- Entry fee: 1 quilt $30. 2 quilts $40.
- Cancellation & Refunds: QuiltNSW may cancel the exhibition. If the cancellation occurs before the quilts are received for judging, you will receive a $10 refund. If the cancellation occurs after the quilts are received for judging, no refunds are payable.
- Limit of 350 Quilts & Selection Ballot: QuiltNSW has set a limit of 350 quilts in the members’ exhibition having regard to space and resource considerations. Please ensure that you nominate your preferred quilt as your first choice. In 2022, if we receive valid entries for more than 350 quilts, a ballot will be conducted of second choice entries to a number we consider manageable. If your second choice quilt is not selected due to the ballot, you will be refunded $10.
- Postage: Entrants who elect to have their quilts sent and/or returned by mail are liable for all postal costs, regardless of location. (Previously only interstate and overseas entrants had to pay return postage). We are looking to expand our network of Drop Off Volunteers. If you are interested in learning more about this important role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prizes: groups and individuals sponsor prizes at the Sydney Quilt Show. Because of their generosity, we will be able to allocate cash/voucher and product to the quilts awarded a 1st place in each category, excellence or special award. All prize winners will receive a rosette and certificate.
- Choosing Your Category: Review the definitions and conditions and choose the category that best suits your quilt. The decision for the category entered is your responsibility. Refer to the flowchart for assistance in choosing your category.
- Blue & White Special Themed Category 20: The Blue and White category is only open to individual members including ‘quilted by another’. Juniors, groups and members who are two person collaborators may submit a blue and white quilt into their usual category. If you are entering the Blue and White category and your quilt is ‘quilted by another’ and we do not receive enough entries to create a ‘quilted by another’ sub category, your quilt will be moved to category 5 or 10 depending on whether you are an amateur or a professional. We will endeavour to display all blue and white quilts together. If you enter the Blue and White category and quilted your own quilt, you may nominate for the awards Best Contemporary Quilt or Best Traditional Quilt.
- Quilt Tops Must be Completed at time of Entry: quilts in progress are eligible for the Sydney Quilt Show 2022. However, as a minimum, the quilt top must be complete at the time of entry. We encourage you to progress your quilts as much as possible prior to entry so you know your work will be show-ready in time and withdrawals are avoided.
Timeline: Key Dates
- Monday 5 June 2022: Entries open. Online entry only.
- Thursday 30 June 2022 (5pm Sydney time): Closing date for entries
- Monday 15 August 2022: Acceptance notification dispatched by e-mail
- Wednesday 28 September 2022: Deadline for quilts to be delivered to Drop Off Volunteers
- 10am-4pm, 21-23 October 2022: QuiltNSW Exhibition (including the Sydney Quilt Show) at Rosehill Gardens Racecourse, Sydney
- Sunday 30 October 2022: Deadline for quilts to be collected from Drop Off Volunteers
- What payment methods can be used with the online entry form?
- Is it compulsory to use the online entry form?
- Can I send my entry form by e-mail or facsimile?
- What computer equipment do I need to complete the entry form online?
- Can I fill out the form on my smartphone or tablet?
- What information do I need to complete the online entry form?
- Can I stop in the middle of the entry form and come back to it?
- How do I get my photos the right size?
- How do I prepare my copyright permissions (if applicable)?
- How will I know if my online entry form and payment has been received?