QuiltNSW proudly presents the QuiltNSW Exhibition 2022 at the Grand Pavilion, Rosehill Gardens Racecourse, Sydney from Friday 21 October to Sunday 23 October 2022 (10am-4pm daily).
Save the date! This exciting event includes the Sydney Quilt Show, a selection of prize winning quilts from the 2021 online show and a vendor marketplace.
Share your quilt! Entries open on Monday 6 June 2022 and close at 5pm Thursday 30 June 2022 (Sydney time). Online entry only.
Start Planning Your Entry
Here are some important updates to assist you in planning your exhibition entry for 2022:
- Full Range of Categories: The Coverlet and Two Person Collaborative Quilt categories will return for 2022. (However, these two categories, along with Miniature, are under review for future years due to low participation levels.)
- Blue & White Special Themed Category: No minimum size. Maximum size 280 x 280 cm. Any blue. If you want to use a print incorporating other colours, it should still read as blue. So please keep other colours to a minimum. There is no limit to the number of different fabrics you may choose to use. Bright, fresh white – no cream.
- Limit of 350 Quilts & Selection Ballot: QuiltNSW has set a limit of 350 quilts in the members’ exhibition having regard to space and resource considerations. In 2022, if we receive valid entries for more than 350 quilts, a ballot will be conducted of second choice entries to a number we consider manageable. We will not be asking for voluntary withdrawals.
- Quilts Top Must be Completed at time of Entry: quilts in progress are eligible for the Sydney Quilt Show 2022. However, as a minimum, the quilt top must be complete at the time of entry. We encourage members to progress their quilts as much as possible prior to entry so they are confident their work will be show-ready in time and withdrawals are avoided. From 2023 onwards, all quilts must be complete at the time of entry (including quilt top, quilting and finished edges).
- If you are planning on entering Entrant’s Quilt Top Quilted by Another (Categories 5 and 10), please ensure that your quilter is a current QuiltNSW member.
- QuiltNSW respects the rights of Indigenous Australians to own and control their heritage. Therefore, entrants should refrain from incorporating design elements derived from indigenous heritage into their quilts without the informed consent of the indigenous owners.
- You must include proper attribution of the design source for your quilt(s) and, if applicable, design consent from the copyright holder. (We do not require design consent for quilts made from commercially available patterns.) Obtain design consent before commencing work on your quilt.
- All entries in Category 13: Art Quilt must be you own original design, not a copy or variation on the original design of another artist working in any medium.
- Opening Date for Entries: Monday 6 June 2022
- Closing Date for Entries: Thursday 30 June 2022 (5pm Sydney Time)
- Acceptance Letters Dispatched: Monday 15 August 2022
- Deadline for Quilts to be delivered to Drop Off Volunteer: Wednesday 5 October
- Deadline for Quilts to be ollected from Drop Off Volunteer: Sunday30 October 2022
Sydney Quilt Show Online 2021
In 2021, the Sydney Quilt Show was a special virtual event where all of the quilts were judged in the cloth, photographed and then displayed in the Sydney Quilt Show 2021 Online Gallery.
2021 Principal Sponsor
2021 Show Sponsors