Sydney Quilt Show 8-12 July 2020
Come along to the International Convention Centre Sydney at Darling Harbour from 8 – 12 July 2020, 9am-4.30pm daily.
- On display: 400 member quilts, judged by category, showcasing the diversity and exceptional skill in all aspects of patchwork and quilt making.
- Awards Ceremony: Wednesday 17 June, 1pm announcing the
BERNINA Best of Show quilt.
- QuiltNSW Members Quilted Hoop Display.
- QuiltNSW Suitcase Challenge exhibition of 81 quilts themed From These Curtains.
- Special Exhibitors: Sue Cody and Barbara Gower with daily floor talks
- Activity Centre – hands-on quilt making area for everyone of all ages; in addition, Community Quilts demonstrating quiltmaking while making quilts for charity.
- Local Quilting Member Groups display area – see what being a member of those groups provides.
- 2019 Best of Australia Quilts presented by BERNINA Australia including Starcrazy by Catherine Butterworth.
Key dates for Sydney Quilt Show 2020: To be updated
- Monday 9 March 2020 (11.59pm): Closing date for entries
- Friday 1 May 2020: Acceptance letters dispatched
- Friday, 5 June 2020: Deadline for quilts to be delivered to Drop Off Person
17-21 June8 – 12 July 2020: Sydney Quilt Show, International Exhibition Centre Sydney, Darling Harbour
- Sunday 28 June 2020: Deadline for quilts to be collected from Drop Off Person
News from Sydney Quilt Show 2019
Congratulations to Catherine Butterworth who was awarded BERNINA Best of Show 2019 for her trapunto masterpiece Starcrazy.
- Sydney Quilt Show 2019 Prizewinners Gallery featuring over 100 quilts;
- download the Sydney Quilt Show 2019 catalogue (3.4 MB PDF – text only)
- download Sydney Quilt Show 2019 Prize List (PDF)
Blue & White for Sydney Quilt Show 2021
Starting planning for the special themed category for the Sydney Quilt Show 2021:
- No minimum size.
- Max size 280 x 280 cm
- Any blue. If you want to use a print incorporating other colours, it should still read as blue. So please keep other colours to a minimum. There is no limit to the number of different fabrics you may choose to use.
- Bright, fresh white – no cream.
Thank you to the Sponsors of the Sydney Quilt Show 2020