The Craft & Quilt Fair has been rescheduled to Wednesday 29 June to Sunday 3 July 2022 at Sydney Showground, Homebush. Consequently, there will be no in-person Sydney Quilt Show event in 2021.
QuiltNSW is committed to providing its members with opportunities to share their quilts and to celebrate creativity. The exhibition sub-committee continues to actively explore moving to a VIRTUAL event where all of the quilts are judged in the cloth, photographed and then displayed online. However, this is a significant logistical exercise and depends upon a number of factors including the easing of health restrictions and providing a safe environment for our volunteers. We will review this matter and provide an update by the end of September.
2021 Raffle Update
The 2021 raffle will be drawn at 2pm on Friday 17 September and a further update will be provided after that. The prizes are:
- 1st Prize: Tea Rose hand-pieced and donated by Sue Cody (pictured left below) and hand quilted by Kaynka Powning (value $4500)
- 2nd Prize: The Narrawallee Star custom-quilted by Kaye Jamieson of Quilting Quarters (value $3000)
- 3rd Prize: BERNINA 325 sewing machine (value $1499)
- 4th Prize: Quilter’s Basket (value $350)
- 5th Prize: Horn Sewing Chair (value $279)
Key 2021 Dates for Entrants:
- Entries open: Monday 1 March
- Closing Date for Entries: the earlier of 320 entries or
5pm8pm Friday 19 March
- Acceptance Letters Dispatched: Friday 7 May
- Deadline for Quilts to be delivered to Drop Off Person: Friday 18 June*
- Awards presentation: TBA
- Quilt Show dates:
10am – 4pm Wednesday 30 June – Sunday 4 July* Wednesday 1 September to Sunday 5 September (10am-4pm daily)
- Deadline for Quilts to be collected from Drop Off Person*: TBA
- Latest date your quilt must be available: 1 October 2021
* subject to postponement or cancellation in accordance with the conditions of entry
Please direct any queries to Exhibition Secretary, Rhonda Langhorne: email@example.com
40th Anniversary Celebrations 2022
Here are some important updates to assist you in planning your entry for the Sydney Quilt Show 2022:
- Full Range of Categories: The Coverlet and Two Person Collaborative Quilt categories will return for 2022. (However, these two categories, along with Miniature, are under review for future years due to low participation levels.)
- Blue & White Special Themed Category: No minimum size. Maximum size 280 x 280 cm. Any blue. If you want to use a print incorporating other colours, it should still read as blue. So please keep other colours to a minimum. There is no limit to the number of different fabrics you may choose to use. Bright, fresh white – no cream.
- Limit of 400 Quilts & Selection Ballot: QuiltNSW has set a limit of 400 quilts in the members’ exhibition having regard to space and resource considerations. In 2022, if we receive valid entries for more than 400 quilts, a ballot will be conducted of second choice entries to a number we consider manageable. We will not be asking for voluntary withdrawals.
- Quilts in Progress Not Eligible: in the past, QuiltNSW has accepted quilts-in-progress in the entry form. However, the high number of withdrawals and dimension changes requested by members is problematic and burdensome. As a result, for 2022 all quilts must be complete at the time of entry (including quilt top, quilting and finished edges) and must be available for the dates of exhibition specified in the entry form.
- If you are planning on entering Entrant’s Quilt Top Quilted by Another (Categories 5 and 10), please ensure that your quilter is a current QuiltNSW member.
- QuiltNSW respects the rights of Indigenous Australians to own and control their heritage. Therefore, entrants should refrain from incorporating design elements derived from indigenous heritage into their quilts without the informed consent of the indigenous owners.
- You must include proper attribution of the design source for your quilt(s) and, if applicable, design consent from the copyright holder. (We do not require design consent for quilts made from commercially available patterns.) Obtain design consent before commencing work on your quilt.
- All entries in Category 13: Art Quilt must be you own original design, not a copy or variation on the original design of another artist working in any medium.