QuiltNSW provides a fully integrated online entry form. Payments are made by credit card through our secure ANZ portal and you’ll receive immediate email confirmation of your entry on payment. We prefer you to use this method rather than the paper method as it allows our volunteers to better administer entries with payment and entry information being collected online.
Our goal is to make it as easy as possible for QuiltNSW members to participate in the annual exhibition. For your assistance, we have prepared some answers to frequently asked questions about the online entry process:
- What payment methods can be used with the online entry form?
- Is it compulsory to use the online entry form?
- Can I send my entry form by e-mail or facsimile?
- What computer equipment do I need to complete the entry form online?
- Can I fill out the form on my smartphone or tablet?
- What information do I need to complete the online entry form?
- Can I stop in the middle of the entry form and come back to it?
- How do I get my photos the right size?
- How do I prepare my copyright permissions and materials for special awards (if applicable)?
- How will I know if my online entry form and payment has been received?
We understand that you may have other questions or unexpected issues may arise. Please direct any other queries to:
- Technical queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exhibition queries: email@example.com or the QuiltNSW office (02) 9283 3737
Don’t leave it to the last minute. Try the Sydney Quilt Show 2019 online entry form soon!
What payment methods can be used with the online entry form?
THE ONLINE ENTRY FORM ACCEPTS CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS ONLY.
You will be directed to the ANZ egate secure payment facility after you have submitted your entry form. If your payment is successfully processed, your transaction receipt number will appear onscreen. You will also receive a confirmation e-mail including your receipt number and a copy of your entry form.
Quilt NSW does not collect nor store any credit card information in conjunction with this payment facility.
If you wish to pay by cheque, you must submit your entry by mail. No direct deposit/EFT option is available. These arrangements ensure our volunteer workforce can efficiently administer all entries while you receive immediate confirmation of your online entry and payment.
Online registration is faster, more accurate and the preferred method of registration. Use the Worksheet to plan your online entry.
Please only submit the worksheet as a paper entry form by mail if you do not have access to the online entry and payment process
No. All entries must be submitted via the online entry form (or by mail) in the first instance. Prepare your entry early so that you know that it will be received by the closing date, Monday 12 March 2018.
The form is designed for both Windows and Macintosh computers with browsing software (eg Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Chrome) and an internet connection (preferably broadband).
No. Because QuiltNSW requires photos and file attachments to be labelled in a particular way, the online entry form is generally NOT suitable for smartphones or tablets.
You will need the following items. Get them ready before you start!
- quilt details: title, size, category, 40 word description etc
- quilt photo(s) in jpg format – less than 2MB file size. Sample label: LastnameInitial1.jpg eg JonesB1.jpg
- design source details: e.g. publication, kit/block of the month, artwork, photograph
- copyright permission(s) (if applicable – see Condition 10) in jpg, PDF or Word format – less than 2MB file size. Sample label LastNameInitialDesignConsent1 eg JonesBDesignConsent1.jpg
Refer too the Worksheet to plan your entry
The online form follows the same sequence as the Worksheet and includes sections for: Quiltmaker Details, Quilt Details, Awards and Quiltmaker Declaration. If you need to pause along the way, click on the Save and Continue Later link at the bottom of the form and follow the prompts. Your data (apart from attachments) will be saved for you to return to later. Data is saved for up to a week.
You will also be able to review your completed entry form, and make changes, prior to final submission.
As per condition 9, QuiltNSW requires a good quality photo showing the entire quilt up to whatever stage it is at. For the purposes of the online entry form, the photo must in jpg format and the file size must not exceed 2MB. (The preferred aspect ratio is 10x15cm/4x6in but this is not essential.)
If your camera is set to take high resolution/large photos, it is likely that you will have to resize your photo. 1MB is ideal (say 1200 pixels on the longest side). Most photo-editing programs have resizing functions. In addition, your computer may have built-in tools for resizing images. Here are some tutorial links:
- How to Resize an Image in Paint (Windows 7)
- How to Resize Images Using Paint in Windows 8
- Resize your pictures with Microsoft Picture Manager
- How to resize multiple images in Windows without software
- How to resize Pictures (For Macs)
Please label your images correctly with your last name, first initial and entry number. For example, for two entries the images would be labelled JonesB1.jpg and JonesB2.jpg
Such materials may be uploaded in one or more documents. Permitted formats: jpg, Word doc/docx or PDF. File size must not exceed 2MB. Label the documents as follows:
- Copyright Permissions: LastNameInitialDesignConsent1.filetype eg JonesBDesignConsent1.docx
Note: It is NOT necessary to have permission to display and publish a quilt made from a commercially available pattern including a quilt kit, Block of the Month, or a quilt pattern from a book or magazine.
Uploading large files may take several minutes depending on your internet connection.
If your entry and payment is successfully processed, your transaction receipt number will appear onscreen. You will also receive a confirmation e-mail including your receipt number and a copy of your completed entry form.
If you notice an error in your entry, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org promptly.
If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, please check your junk mail folder and then contact email@example.com