QuiltNSW offers the following membership categories. Details of membership entitlements are set out below:
- Individual Membership
- Family Membership
- Junior Membership
- Full Time University Student Membership
- Group Membership
- Junior Group Membership
- Overseas Membership
All membership fees are due 1 July each year and cover the financial year 1 July to 30 June. A joining fee of $15 will apply to all new memberships and lapsed memberships which are not paid by 30 September.
Membership is paid for 12 months. The member nominates the membership level required when completing the membership form . This membership status is for 12 months. When renewing membership, the status can then be changed if required.
- Online Membership Form for payment by direct deposit/EFT only.
- Membership Form (150KB PDF) for payment by cheque or credit card .
Annual membership fee of $60 (incl GST) Membership entitles you to the following:
- Exhibitions – Exhibit two quilts at the annual exhibition Sydney Quilt Show– the biggest and most prestigious exhibition in Australia. Fee applies.
- Receive The Template, a quarterly newsletter with all the latest information about the QuiltNSW activities.
- Use of the QuiltNSW library – books can be borrowed from the office or be posted to you – return postage is paid by the member.
- Visit the office on the first Friday of most months for Friday Showcase. Selected members display quilts and talk about their quilting journey, an informal show and tell. Several quilts from each Friday Showcase are hung in the office for all visitors to enjoy. A small entry fee applies.
- Attend the General Meetings, held at the Burwood RSL Club. The day starts at 11.00 am with a member demonstration – an informative 45 minute discussion about different techniques, products etc. Shop with our invited retailer and have lunch at the club. At 1.00pm the general meeting will commence, management committee and subcommittee reports followed by an interesting and informative guest speaker, member show and tell and afternoon tea.
- Attend an Away Meeting, visiting country groups and quilt shops for a weekend. A fee applies for this weekend.
- Valuation – have your treasured quilts valued. Our experienced team of valuers will examine your quilt and issue a certificate, bookings are essential. A fee applies with a discount to QuiltNSW members.
- Attend workshops with local, interstate and international tutors. Fees apply.
- Meet other QuiltNSW members at the annual weekend retreat – a relaxing weekend of sewing, laughter and good company. Fee applies.
- If you are interested in teaching or if you are already teaching patchwork and quilting you can participate in the Teacher Accreditation Programme.. The learning modules are easily achievable and designed for beginners to advanced
- Participate in the annual Quilt Challenge, a themed challenge of small quilts. The winners and prizes are awarded at the AGM and the quilts then become a touring exhibition for 2 years travelling to guilds, groups and galleries around Australia.
- Discount VIP entry tickets to the Sydney Craft & Quilt Fair.
- Attend Quilt Study Group meetings, with guest speakers. Small fee applies.
- Apply for a QuiltNSW Scholarship.
Annual membership fee of $85 (incl GST)
- Family membership is available to family members residing at the same address.
- Those covered by Family membership must be listed on the membership form.
- The same entitlements are accorded to Family members as to Individual members. A family is two adults and any children under 18 years.
- One copy of The Template is provided.
- Two quilts per member may be exhibited at the Sydney Quilt Show, standard entry fee applies.
Annual membership fee of $25(incl GST)
- Junior membership is available to those under 18. Date of birth to be indicated on membership form.
- The same entitlements are accorded to Junior members as to Individual members.
- Exhibit at the Sydney Quilt Show at no cost.
Annual membership fee of $25 (incl GST)
- Full Time University Student Membership is available to those undertaking full time study. Date of birth to be indicated on membership form.
- The same entitlements are accorded to Full Time University Student Members as to Individual members.
- Exhibit at the Sydney Quilt Show at no cost.
Annual membership fee of $100 (incl GST)
- The group must nominate a contact person.
- Group membership allows groups to exhibit group quilts – a raffle quilt/s or group friendship quilts. The quilts are then entered into the group category. Two group quilts made by the members of the group can be entered in the Quilt show. A group is classed as 3 people making the quilt. Entry fee applies.
- Two copies of The Template newsletter will be posted quarterly.
- Two group members may attend QuiltNSW workshops at member rates
- The group may apply for the Country Tutor workshop rebate
- Discount VIP entry tickets to the Sydney Craft & Quilt Fair
- Use of QuiltNSW library via one nominated contact person from the group
- Group quilts can be valued at a QuiltNSW member rates, other quilts at non-QuiltNSW member rate.
- QuiltNSW member groups may advertise their upcoming events free of charge in The Template under the ‘Community Groups Calendar’ within a 5 cm print limit; advertisements may be edited to fit this limit. This policy does not prevent articles about group activities being submitted to the Editor for inclusion where space is not limited; but inclusion will be at the Editor’s discretion.
- Attendance at QuiltNSW meetings as visitor .
- Attendance at Quilt Study Group meetings at non member rate of $15.
- 20% discount on frame hire.
Group Insurance: In addition, the committee has successfully negotiated a new business insurance policy which will provide public liability insurance for financial member groups. The policy will give member groups public liability insurance for all group meetings, workshops and exhibitions. The policy also has a provision for insurance of quilts at exhibitions. It is not compulsory for member groups to participate in this insurance but many groups will find this to be an inexpensive alternative to existing insurance options.
To participate in this policy, a group is required to pay a capitation fee of $5.00 for each NON QuiltNSW member of the group. Group members who are financial individual members of QuiltNSW will not pay the capitation fee. For further details please email QuiltNSW Insurance.
Annual membership fee of $50 (incl GST)
- Junior quiltmakers (up to 18 years of age) from the same school or geographical area can form a group. The group must nominate a contact person.
- Each junior group member is entitled to enter one quilt in the Sydney Quilt show free of charge.
- A quarterly newsletter, The Template, will be sent to the group.
- Members have access to the QuiltNSW library on the same terms as other members; and
- Two junior members from the group may attend QuiltNSW workshops at the QuiltNSW members’ price.
Annual membership fee of $60 (incl GST)
- Exhibitions – Exhibit two quilts at the annual exhibition the Sydney Quilt Show– the biggest and most prestigious exhibition in Australia.
- Receive The Template, a quarterly newsletter with all the latest information about the QuiltNSW activities (additional postage is payable).
- When visiting Sydney, overseas members can take advantage of all member benefits.