The Quilters’ Guild of NSW Inc, operating as QuiltNSW, is an incorporated association established under the laws of New South Wales in 1982. Our objectives, as set out in our constitution, are to:
- promote the art and craft of patchwork & quilting;
- bring quilters together and encourage the establishment of quilt groups;
- encourage and maintain high standards of craftmanship and design in both traditional and contemporary quilting;
- foster interest in the history of patchwork & quilting;
- organise selective exhibitions; and
- produce, distribute and share quilting related information for members and interested persons by means of print and/or electronic media.
A copy of our constitution is available to members upon request by contacting our office.
The affairs of QuiltNSW are managed by a committee comprised of four office bearers and six general committee members.
President: Kaye Jamieson
Vice President: Maree Gebhardt
Treasurer: Andrea Beattie
Secretary: Angelique Parr
Exhibition Coordinator: TBA
The committee, as part of its functions, oversees the following activities:
- Annual QuiltNSW Retreat
- Community Quilts
- Exhibition – Sydney Quilt Show
- External Events
- Frame Hire
- Friday Showcase
- Judging Education Program
- Meetings –Zoom or Sydney Mechanics School of Arts and away meeting
- QuiltNSW Challenge: travelling suitcase exhibition
- Quilt Study
- Sydney Quilt Show Sponsorship
- Teacher Accreditation
- The Template
- Website Administration
All Committee members are volunteers and are individual financial members of QuiltNSW. QuiltNSW is entirely volunteer run.
Formerly known as Australian Council of Quilters
Narelle Grieve arranged the first meeting of all the quilting Guilds in Australia in 1992. This led to the formation of the Quilt Australia (formerly known as the Australian Council of Quilters). Representatives from each State Guild meet biennially for a two day conference to discuss common issues such as valuation, judging, sponsorship, awards, exhibition categories and professional and amateur status. These conferences are held in a different State each year with the host State organizing the event.